The Naval War College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education to award qualified resident U.S. graduates of the College of Naval Command and Staff with a Master of Arts degree in Defense and Strategic Studies. The college is also accredited by the chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff to award JPME Phase I credit for this intermediate program.
Intermediate Level Course
The Intermediate Level Course (ILC), taught to CNC&S students addresses campaigns and war strategies, theater level leadership and decision making, and operational planning and is designed to support the following Intermediate Level PME outcomes:
- Skilled in applying operational art (OPART) to maritime, joint, interagency, and multinational warfighting
- Skilled in the Joint/Navy Planning Process
- Capable of critical thought with operational perspectives
- Prepared for operational level leadership challenges
- Effective maritime spokespersons