About Public Affairs
U.S. Naval War College's Public Affairs Office is the official source of college news and information for internal and external communities. We:
- Work with the news media by communicating newsworthy information on events, people, programs and research and coordinating with faculty experts for stories.
- Provide public affairs advice and support to the college community on a variety of communication issues.
- Design, develop and oversee content posted on the college's website.
- Serve as a conduit between the college and civic and business organizations through a Speakers Bureau.
- Maintain the college's official social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
Naval War College faculty members are available to provide expert opinion, comment, and analysis on a wide range of defense, strategy, policy, and national security affairs topics. While journalists may contact faculty members directly for interviews, the Public Affairs Office staff is also available at 401-841-2220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to recommend appropriate experts and help locate them for interviews. Faculty profiles are also available online.
Volunteer staff, faculty and students are available to speak before local educational, civic, business and professional organizations. Our speakers include military officers from all branches of the services, civilian government personnel from various government agencies, and faculty with a wide range of expertise and experience in national security affairs, defense issues and joint military operations, strategy and policy, war gaming, and leadership.
If you would like to request a Naval War College speaker for your next event, please send your request to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Name of your organization
- Length of speech requested
- Date/time/location of event
- Description and size of your audience
- Topic preferences
If you need more information about the Naval War College Speakers Bureau, please call 401-841-2220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.