Leif E. Bergey
Assistant Research Professor
Leif Bergey is an Assistant Research Professor in the War Gaming Department, Center for Naval Warfare Studies. Professor Bergey has been part of the NWC War Gaming Faculty since March 2010. A retired Navy Commander, he previously served 24 years on active and reserve duty as a Naval Aviator. His previous assignments include:
- Training Air Wing FIVE, Chief Staff Officer
- U.S. Naval Forces Central Command, Future Operations /Knowledge Management Officer
- Navy Warfare Development Command, Sea Shield Undersea Warfare
- Patrol Squadron ONE, Operations Officer
- Special Projects Patrol Squadron ONE, Aviation Safety and Flight Officer
- Patrol Squadron EIGHT, Asst. Tactics and Command Services Department Head
- Patrol Squadron NINETY TWO, Aircrewman and Aircraft Handler
Professor Bergey received his Master’s Degree in National Security and Strategic Studies from the Naval War College, and a B.S. in Business Administration from Norwich University.
Mr. Bergey also serves as a United States Air Force Auxiliary Lieutenant Colonel assigned to the Thames River Composite Squadron, Groton, CT.
Material and external links contained herein are made available for the purpose
of peer review and discussion and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Naval
War College, Department of the Navy or the Department of Defense.