- Students typically complete this program in three years.
- Students earn JPME Phase I credit and an NWC diploma.
- Active Officers, Reserve Officers, and Government Civilians can apply.
- FSP needed for master's degree.
Apply to Fleet Seminar
The application period of FSP is closed, please check back April 1st to May 31st, 2020.
Who is Eligible
Active Officers, Reserve Officers, and Government Civilians can apply for FSP, contracted personnel are not eligible to apply.
- Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard must be in the grade of O3 and above.
- Active and reserve officers in other military services must be in the grade of O4 and above.
- Any federal civilians in the grade GS11 and above, or equivalent, are eligible to apply for FSP. Selected staff members in the federal Executive, Legislative, and Judiciary branches are also eligible.
For more information please visit our Eligibility & Overview page.
What to Expect
Students typically take three years to complete all core courses: Strategy and War, Theater Security Decision Making, and Joint Maritime Operations.
- Seminar-style classes that also include research, writing, and class discussion.
- Classes meet one evening per week for three hours.
- Courses offered at multiple Naval bases and stations across the United States.
For more information please visit our Location & Availability page.
How to Enroll
The application period for FSP is closed, please check back April 1st to May 31st, 2020.
- FSP is an online application.
- New students must submit an initial application, which is then reviewed to determine eligibility.
- Continuing students can request dual enrollment.
For more information please visit our Enrollment page.