Evolution of War Gaming
SIMS HALL, ca. 1952
The Naval War College acquired the Naval Training Station’s Barracks C in 1946 and renamed it Sims Hall, to house the College’s newly established Logistics Department and its classrooms. A war gaming floor, shown in the picture at right, was created in the east wing for logistics war games. In 2006, it was the oldest surviving war game floor of its type.