Regional Symposia provide a superb forum to enhance professional ties and friendships among all alumni, NWC staff, and U.S. regional commanders in theater that promotes collaboration, sharing of ideas and future cooperation.
~Prof. Vincent P. Mocini, Former Dean, International Programs & Maritime
U.S. Naval War College Regional Symposia are professional meetings, hosted by the President, U.S. Naval War College (PNWC) for graduates of the Naval Command College, Naval Staff College and for U.S. NWC alumni.
Although each class remains in contact, and NWC publishes alumni newsletters and professional writing, until PNWC held the first regional symposium in Yokosuka in 2005, there was no outreach program to enhance the professional relationships developed in Newport. Symposia take advantage of the “Newport Connection” to promote trust and confidence and to further cooperation. World events continue to confirm the value of working with partners and friends.
- Yokosuka, Japan – October 2005 (Asia/Pacific Region)
- Naples, Italy – April 2006 (European Region)
- Valparaiso, Chile – March 2007 (Latin American Region)
- Manāma, Bahrain – October 2008 (Middle Eastern Region)
- Singapore – April 2009 (Asia/Pacific Region)
- Cartagena, Columbia – April 2010 (Latin American Region)
- Stuttgart, Germany – April 2011 (African Region)
- Toulon, France – September 2011 (European Region)